Informed Solutions is a leading international provider of digital transformation, technology, data analytics and systems integration services. Informed’s purpose is to create economic and social value by helping to build a more inclusive, fair, and safe society through ethical use of technology and data and investing in digital skills.
With offices across the UK and Australia, Informed’s innovative and agile approach drives digital transformation for globally recognised brands across a number of industry sectors including: Government, Healthcare, Emergency Services, Utilities, Energy, Sustainable Land Asset Management, Transport and Logistics and more.
As a rapidly growing global company, your role will be fast-paced, exciting and varied. Informed is a technology independent company and so you will have the opportunity to use a diverse range of languages, tools and techniques across a number of industries and sectors. At Informed we don’t want to be an average business; we’ve worked hard to build up an enviable client list and want to recruit exceptional colleagues that are motivated by solving complex real-world problems and who share our values of innovation, excellence and integrity. We work exceptionally hard to build a team of friendly, talented and supportive people. We’ve won 2 Queens’ Awards for Innovation (2018 and 2022), and we are Great Place to Work certified (with a 91% trust index).
As an AWS DevOps Engineer , you will work as part of multi-disciplinary teams involving Delivery Managers, Service Designers, User Researchers, Technical Architects, Developers, Testers and Cloud Engineers. You will play a key role, working end-to-end to ensure that the innovative digital products and services we produce take full advantage of current and emerging AWS capabilities and are designed in-line with our own and AWS’s best practices. You’ll work in a high-performing teams of experienced experts that recognise the value of cloud and DevOps expertise, offering you the opportunity to shape designs, practices, and solutions on industry-leading assignments, building and deepening your technical expertise.
Day-to-day, you’ll work as part of highly collaborative and close-knit delivery teams to:
- Design and deliver innovative AWS DevOps engineering on national-scale assignments for prestigious clients
- Lead AWS DevOps architectures and designs, working closely with other architects through Design Authorities, Enterprise Architecture Boards etc.
- Help Delivery Managers plan AWS DevOps work at scale, including selecting and tailoring practices and standards for delivery teams.
- Ensure ‘Well Assured’ standards are applied, acting as a deep subject matter expert and positively influencing the adoption of the latest technical innovations and practices
- Continually develop your practitioner skills through training and accreditation (including domain-relevant accreditations/certifications at advanced level)
- Work collaboratively with other AWS DevOps professionals at client and partner organisations, contributing expert insights and advice
- Get involved in events and industry forums, staying up to date with the latest technology, services, techniques and methods, and bringing the latest innovations into our work
- Play a leading role in our Engineering Community of Practice, driving innovation and best practice adoption as part of an energised community of engineers
- Help upskill and coach other team members
Key demonstrable experience and characteristics will include:
- Passionate about innovating and continually improving methods, practices and technology tools
- Deep experience (and certifications) with the AWS platform and DevOps toolset including Terraform, CloudFormation, CodePipeline/Deploy/Commit, the automated deployment, configuration, testing and monitoring of key AWS services (networking, event, compute, persistence etc.), Well Architected Reviews, security, availability and cost-optimisation best practices).
- Experience of working on large-scale innovation projects as part of collaborative agile delivery teams
- Strong interpersonal skills with a positive, pragmatic, flexible and calm attitude, putting integrity at the heart of delivery
We are happy to consider applicants with a variety of experience levels. First and foremost, we wish to hire the best people: driven by purpose and motivated by the opportunity to grow and develop. We are committed to investing in you and helping you grow into the role with an outstanding talent development programme and flexible benefits package that includes pension, flexible working, bonus scheme and private health care.