Informed Solutions is a leading international provider of digital transformation, technology, data analytics and systems integration services. Informed’s purpose is to create economic and social value by helping to build a more inclusive, fair, and safe society through ethical use of technology and data and investing in digital skills.
With offices across the UK and Australia, Informed’s innovative and agile approach drives digital transformation for globally recognised brands across a number of industry sectors including: Government, Healthcare, Emergency Services, Utilities, Energy, Sustainable Land Asset Management, Transport and Logistics and more.
As a rapidly growing global company, your role will be fast-paced, exciting and varied. Informed is a technology independent company and so you will have the opportunity to use a diverse range of languages, tools and techniques across a number of industries and sectors. At Informed we don’t want to be an average business; we’ve worked hard to build up an enviable client list and want to recruit exceptional colleagues that are motivated by solving complex real-world problems and who share our values of innovation, excellence and integrity. We work exceptionally hard to build a team of friendly, talented and supportive people. We’ve won two Queens’ Awards for Innovation (2018 and 2022), and we are Great Place to Work certified (with a 91% trust index).
As a Live Service Manager at Informed Solutions you will lead, operate, manage, and provide support for a range of our live operational digital services. You’ll be part of a diverse, high performing team of professionals that manage world class solutions across a varied range of industries and sectors built on variety of open source and proprietary technologies to genuinely make a difference to people’s lives; from online claims portals for victims of violent crime, consultations on government boundary changes, to helping nuclear facilities better understand their data.
This is an exciting, fast-paced, and varied client facing role that will best suit individuals with strong interpersonal management skills. We want a colleague who is professional, high achieving, with a positive ‘can do’ attitude that inspires others. We’ve worked hard to build up an enviable client list and want to recruit exceptional colleagues who are motivated by solving complex real-world problems and share our values of innovation, excellence and integrity.
As a Live Service Manager at Informed you will:
- Be responsible for the end-to-end support and continual improvement of live cloud-native digital services that are national in scope and business critical in nature.
- Ensure that Service Level Agreements, Key Performance Indicators and contractual obligations are delivered to a high standard.
- Be a focal point for our client relationships, always acting in a confident, transparent, collaborative and commercially aware way.
- Provide calm, clear, collaborative and hands-on leadership and management of Informed Solutions multi-disciplined Service Teams, encouraging a ‘one team’ DevOps culture and agile ways of working.
- Act as a point of escalation for high-priority incidents, problems and exceptions.
- Define and embed best practice.
- Experience acting in a senior leadership or management role supporting business critical services, systems and/or infrastructure, with responsibility for meeting Service Level Agreements, Key Performance Indicators and contractual obligations
- Experience of supporting digital services that integrate multiple organisations and systems. Experience of the Government Digital Service (GDS) Standard is preferred
- Experience of working with multi-disciplined teams comprising software developers, testers, Infrastructure Engineers and IT operations staff in a DevOps environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to express complex concepts in simple terms to stakeholders at all levels of seniority, up to Director level
- Outstanding analytical ability and attention to detail
- Strong willingness to share knowledge and coach more junior team members
- Strong understanding of continual service improvement using Agile methodologies (Scrum etc)
- A willingness to travel and work onsite as client needs dictate
- A 2:1 degree or above in an IT, Computer Science or Business Information Systems discipline
We ‘walk the talk’ about investing in people, developing the skills and confidence of our staff through our outstanding InformedACADEMY© talent development programme. The Company offers very competitive salaries and a flexible benefits package that includes pension, bonus scheme, paid sabbaticals and private health care. If you’re keen to broaden your horizons even further, we offer global working experience via secondments or transfer to our Australian offices in Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra.