Make a difference and advance your career by helping deliver some of the UK’s most important #tech4good projects, making the world a smarter, safer, greener, and healthier place.’
You’ll join a talented team of dynamic and driven professional problem solvers; creative thinkers and solutions builders who thrive on helping clients meet the most exciting digital transformation challenges.
At a certified Great Place to Work® you’ll experience a dynamic and nurturing environment that rewards initiative and flexibility and enjoy a career path tailored to your own aspirations.
Founded in 1992, we are a successful, growing International digital transformation consultancy. We deliver multi-Queen’s Award for innovation winning platforms and services that support large-scale digital transformation. Our digital, data and technology solutions are used by globally recognised public and private sector brands operating in a variety of sectors including Civil Defence, Healthcare, Sustainable Environment and Land Asset Management, and Digital Democracy.
As a Senior Software Delivery Manager, you will be part of an experienced multi-disciplinary team involving Service Designers, User Researchers, Technical Architects, Developers, Testers and DevOps Engineers. You will play a leading role, applying agile methods (scrum, kanban), delivering digital products that make a difference to citizens on a day-to-day basis. You will lead high-performing teams of experienced experts to deliver innovative products, ensuring delivery is on-time and to-budget, and that clients have an excellent experience of working with us.
You will be excited by the opportunity to:
- Build excellent client relationships, and a high standard of client satisfaction.
- Collaborate with clients to design intelligent and achievable delivery plans based on your successful experience of delivering high quality software.
- Tailor agile delivery controls based on our ISO-certified delivery assurance methods and standards, and your own experience of successfully managing software projects.
- Pro-actively monitor and manage effective delivery, working with technical leads to assure quality
- Managing delivery progress (e.g. through use of JIRA/Azure DevOps), plans, issues and risks (working to a level of technical detail that enables you to pro-actively mitigate them)
- Producing and maintaining delivery artefacts (Highlight Reports, RAID etc.), taking a lead role in delivery forums (e.g. Project Boards, Agile ceremonies), assuring and maintaining key delivery records (e.g. budget and resource tracking)
- Work collaboratively with client and partner Delivery Managers, contributing expert insights and advice
- Continually develop your skills through training and accreditation (including relevant accreditations/certifications at advanced level)
- Get involved in events and industry forums, staying up to date with the latest methods, techniques and tools, and bringing the latest innovations into our work
- Play a leading role in our Delivery Management Community of Practice, driving innovation and best practice adoption as part of an energised community
- Help upskill and coach other team members
- Successfully delivering complex software development projects using Agile methodologies (including suitable accreditations), according to agreed delivery standards and governance requirements
- A level of technical understanding that enables you (working with technical leads) to intelligently identify and pro-actively manage requirements, changes, issues and risks, with the commercial awareness and emotional intelligence to work these through positively and constructively with clients
- Experience of leading effective distributed teams and managing team dynamics (including clients and delivery partners)
- Strong interpersonal skills with a positive, pragmatic, flexible and calm attitude, putting integrity at the heart of delivery
- An ability and willingness to travel (i.e. to build trust and effective relationships with delivery teams), where required and appropriate.
- Able to work under pressure and to short deadlines with a clear sense of priority within a fast-paced and agile environment
- Excellent work planning capabilities and time management skills
- Ability to balance conflicting deadlines and priorities
- A meticulous attention to detail
- Punctuality, reliability, and a clear commitment to your role
Our benefits package compliments our highly competitive salaries and our great working environment. We believe that our people should be properly rewarded for their commitment to the continued success of our business through a comprehensive and flexible range of benefits.
These can include:
- InformedACADEMY© – We offer excellent career development opportunities through our award-winning personal and professional development programmes, including support with professional certifications.
- Industry leading health and wellbeing plan – We partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individuals need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support and physical health support.
- Hybrid working*
- Private Health Care Cover*
- Generous life assurance cover*
- Gym Membership*
- Weekly office lunch
- Onsite massage sessions
- 25 paid working days holiday per year plus bank holidays*
- Sabbatical Leave Scheme*
- Enhanced Maternity Leave and Pay*
- Enhanced Paternity Leave and Pay*
- Company Pension Contribution
- Profit Share Scheme
- Payment of professional subscriptions
- Generous referral scheme with no limits on the number of referrals
*Qualifying period applies
We are proud to nurture a workplace culture that is diverse, inclusive, rewarding, and egalitarian.
We strive to live up to our values of Innovation, Excellence, and Integrity by thinking about things differently, always doing our best, and acting in good faith at all times.
We’re a team of passionate problem solvers. We take pride in helping our clients accelerate and de-risk digital business change so that we can collaborate and codesign world class digital services that solve complex business and safety critical problems, particularly where place, location or geography are important.
Our workplace culture reflects how we go about our work, the type of work that we choose to do, and our commitment and contribution to the sustainable social, environmental, and economic development aims of the communities that we are part of.
We focus both on technical skills and equally importantly, on the cultural fit of prospective new colleagues. Our success relies on fostering an environment where creativity and collaboration produces great outcomes for our people, our clients, and our partners.