Make a difference and advance your career by helping deliver some of the UK’s most important #tech4good projects, making the world a smarter, safer, greener, and healthier place.
You’ll join a talented team of dynamic and driven professional problem solvers; creative thinkers and solutions builders who thrive on helping clients meet the most exciting digital transformation challenges.
At a certified Great Place to Work® you’ll experience a dynamic and nurturing environment that rewards initiative and flexibility and enjoy a career path tailored to your own aspirations.
Founded in 1992, we are a successful, growing International digital transformation consultancy. We deliver multi-Queen’s Award for innovation winning platforms and services that support large-scale digital transformation. Our digital, data and technology solutions are used by globally recognised public and private sector brands operating in a variety of sectors including Civil Defence, Healthcare, Sustainable Environment and Land Asset Management, and Digital Democracy.
You will be excited by the opportunity to:
- Work across a mixture of private and public sector projects, always with the aim of creating innovative solutions and user journeys that put the user at the centre of the design process.
- Influence stakeholders to advocate for the user and shape project roadmaps to deliver the right thing at the right time.
- Think across digital, physical and human interactions to bring together all elements of a user journey, for all users, in a way that aligns with business goals.
- Work on projects throughout the delivery lifecycle (discovery through to live), adapting your focus to shape a roadmap relevant to project phase.
- Get stuck in across multiple disciplines, from working with user researchers to understand user needs – to the production of artefacts, prototypes and designs alongside interaction and content designers to demonstrate future visions.
- Work with our technical consultants and developers to specify requirements for service development; and align our service visions to technical constraints.
- Develop Informed’s UCD thinking, practice and methods – to maintain our position at the forefront of digital transformation.
- Mentor and coach graduates and early-career colleagues to strengthen our community of practice, building for our future success.
- Experience of working in a user centred design team as a service designer or other related role from a consultancy, agency or in-house setting.
- Evidence of having developed user journeys, service maps and blueprints
- Knowledge of user centred design principles and best practice
- Facilitated workshops and co-design sessions to explore the ‘art of the possible’
- A degree qualification, or equivalent experience, in a related discipline
- Excellent communication skills, to work with colleagues and senior client stakeholders – understanding how best to position findings to communicate with different levels of seniority and experience.
- Able to work under pressure and to short deadlines with a clear sense of priority within a fast-paced and agile environment
- Excellent work planning capabilities and time management skills
- Ability to balance conflicting deadlines and priorities
- A meticulous attention to detail
- Punctuality, reliability, and a clear commitment to your role
Our benefits package compliments our highly competitive salaries and our great working environment. We believe that our people should be properly rewarded for their commitment to the continued success of our business through a comprehensive and flexible range of benefits.
These can include:
- InformedACADEMY© – We offer excellent career development opportunities through our award-winning personal and professional development programmes, including support with professional certifications.
- Industry leading health and wellbeing plan – We partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individuals need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support and physical health support.
- Hybrid working*
- Private Health Care Cover*
- Generous life assurance cover*
- Gym Membership*
- Weekly office lunch
- Onsite massage sessions
- 25 paid working days holiday per year plus bank holidays*
- Sabbatical Leave Scheme*
- Enhanced Maternity Leave and Pay*
- Enhanced Paternity Leave and Pay*
- Company Pension Contribution
- Profit Share Scheme
- Payment of professional subscriptions
- Generous referral scheme with no limits on the number of referrals
*Qualifying period applies
We are proud to nurture a workplace culture that is diverse, inclusive, rewarding, and egalitarian.
We strive to live up to our values of Innovation, Excellence, and Integrity by thinking about things differently, always doing our best, and acting in good faith at all times.
We’re a team of passionate problem solvers. We take pride in helping our clients accelerate and de-risk digital business change so that we can collaborate and codesign world class digital services that solve complex business and safety critical problems, particularly where place, location or geography are important.
Our workplace culture reflects how we go about our work, the type of work that we choose to do, and our commitment and contribution to the sustainable social, environmental, and economic development aims of the communities that we are part of.