Informed Solutions is a multi-award winning Digital, IT and Management Consultancy practice based in the UK and Australia – clients appoint us as professional problem solvers to help them deliver major cutting edge projects. We are people who like making a real contribution and difference in our professional lives, and aren’t scared of a challenge or managing uncertainty. Informed’s corporate values of “Innovation, Excellence, Integrity” are at the core of everything we stand for and deliver.
Our people are effective communicators who play an active role in teams and are excited by shaping ideas and delivering complex solutions working with others. We are grounded and responsible professionals who understand that leading edge, fast-paced projects require sustained commitment and energy, and that achievement can be demanding as well as highly rewarding.
Our growing business needs to expand our User Centred Design community through the recruitment of experienced Service Designers. You will work alongside Researchers and fellow designers of other disciplines to help our clients shape services that enable users to achieve their goals.
You will be professional, clear thinking, positive under pressure and results driven, with a ‘can do’ attitude that inspires respect from other leaders and professionals. We are looking to recruit a colleague who works well with others and shares the Company’s core professional values of innovation, excellence and integrity.
Informed does not aspire to be an average business; we recruit exceptional colleagues, develop inspiring leaders and professionals, and have built up an enviable client list. We are excited by people who are driven by achievement and are motivated by being part of a successful team that gets results.
You will be excited by the opportunity to:
- Work across a mixture of private and public sector projects, always with the aim of creating innovative solutions and user journeys that put the user at the centre of the design process.
- Influence stakeholders to advocate for the user and shape project roadmaps to deliver the right thing at the right time.
- Think across digital, physical and human interactions to bring together all elements of a user journey, for all users, in a way that aligns with business goals.
- Work on projects throughout the delivery lifecycle (discovery through to live), adapting your focus to shape a roadmap relevant to project phase.
- Get stuck in across multiple disciplines, from working with user researchers to understand user needs – to the production of artefacts, prototypes and designs alongside interaction and content designers to demonstrate future visions.
- Work with our technical consultants and developers to specify requirements for service development; and align our service visions to technical constraints.
- Develop Informed’s UCD thinking, practice and methods – to maintain our position at the forefront of digital transformation.
- Mentor and coach graduates and early-career colleagues to strengthen our community of practice, building for our future success.
You will have:
- Experience of working in a user centred design team as a service designer or other related role from a consultancy, agency or in-house setting.
- Evidence of having developed user journeys, service maps and blueprints
- Knowledge of user centred design principles and best practice
- Facilitated workshops and co-design sessions to explore the ‘art of the possible’
- A degree qualification, or equivalent experience, in a related discipline
- Excellent communication skills, to work with colleagues and senior client stakeholders – understanding how best to position findings to communicate with different levels of seniority and experience.
We are happy to consider applicants with a variety of experience levels. First and foremost, we wish to hire the best people: driven by purpose and motivated by the opportunity to grow and develop. We are committed to investing in you and helping you grow into the role with an outstanding talent development programme and flexible benefits package that includes pension, flexible working, bonus scheme and private health care.