Informed Solutions is a multi-award winning Digital, IT and Management Consultancy practice based in the UK and Australia – clients appoint us as professional problem solvers to help them deliver major cutting edge projects. We are people who like making a real contribution and difference in our professional lives, and aren’t scared of a challenge or managing uncertainty. Informed’s corporate values of “Innovation, Excellence, Integrity” are at the core of everything we stand for and deliver.
Our people are effective communicators who play an active role in teams and are excited by shaping ideas and delivering complex solutions working with others. We are grounded and responsible professionals who understand that leading edge, fast-paced projects require sustained commitment and energy, and that achievement can be demanding as well as highly rewarding.
Our growing business needs to expand our User Centred Design community through the recruitment of experienced User Researchers. You will work alongside other Researchers and Designers from all UCD disciplines to help our clients shape services that enable users to achieve their goals.
You will be professional, clear thinking, positive under pressure and results driven, with a ‘can do’ attitude that inspires respect from other leaders and professionals. We are looking to recruit a colleague who works well with others and shares the Company’s core professional values of innovation, excellence and integrity.
Informed does not aspire to be an average business; we recruit exceptional colleagues, develop inspiring leaders and professionals, and have built up an enviable client list. We are excited by people who are driven by achievement and are motivated by being part of a successful team that gets results.
You will be excited by the opportunity to:
- Apply user centered design principles at all stages of the project, using your knowledge of human factors, ethnography, and user-centered design processes to ensure an iterative and user focused development environment.
- Evaluate and monitor our clients’ experience across multiple touch-points and platforms, as well as reviewing proposed designs and anticipating any usability issues they may cause.
- Collaborate with designers, product owners, developers and analysts to provide teams with research solutions and key insights that will inform product development.
- Support consultations and building relationships with senior stakeholders on a daily basis.
- Draw on a suite of UX research methodologies, deploying them continuously or tactically as appropriate.
- Regularly conduct, moderate and analyse user-testing sessions on clients’ services, rapidly turning observations into actionable design recommendations.
- Plan, coordinate and manage all practical aspects of user-testing sessions (with team support) including writing participant recruitment briefs and managing external suppliers.
- Employ remote user testing, session-tracking, heuristic evaluation, competitor analysis, site intercepts, surveys and IA activities as projects require.
- Develop Informed’s UCD thinking, practice and methods – to maintain our position at the forefront of digital transformation.
- Mentor and coach graduates and early-career colleagues to strengthen our community of practice, building for our future success.
You will have:
- User research delivery experience in a consultancy, agency or in-house setting.
- A degree, or equivalent experience, in psychology, behavioral sciences, HCI or similar.
- Demonstrable regular experience of moderating one-to-one usability sessions – and (ideally) training in interviewing techniques.
- Knowledge and practical experience of using a variety of UX research methods (qualitative and quantitative), with a strong awareness of their merits and weaknesses.
- Experience of using a variety of commercial UX research tools.
- Knowledge of UCD principles and best practices
- Delivering digital services in accordance with best practice and the latest and most relevant design manuals.
- The abillity to be able to work constructively and collaboratively with their colleagues under pressure
We are happy to consider applicants with a variety of experience levels. First and foremost, we wish to hire the best people: driven by purpose and motivated by the opportunity to grow and develop. We are committed to investing in you and helping you grow into the role with an outstanding talent development programme and flexible benefits package that includes pension, flexible working, bonus scheme and private health care.