Make a difference and advance your career by helping deliver some of the UK’s most important #tech4good projects, making the world a smarter, safer, greener, and healthier place.
You’ll join a talented team of dynamic and driven professional problem solvers; creative thinkers and solutions builders who thrive on helping clients meet the most exciting digital transformation challenges.
At a certified Great Place to Work® you’ll experience a dynamic and nurturing environment that rewards initiative and flexibility and enjoy a career path tailored to your own aspirations.
Founded in 1992, we are a successful, growing International digital transformation consultancy. We deliver multi-Queen’s Award for innovation winning platforms and services that support large-scale digital transformation. Our digital, data and technology solutions are used by globally recognised public and private sector brands operating in a variety of sectors including Civil Defence, Healthcare, Sustainable Environment and Land Asset Management, and Digital Democracy.
User Researcher Position
You will be excited by the opportunity to:
- Apply user centered design principles at all stages of the project, using your knowledge of human factors, ethnography, and user-centered design processes to ensure an iterative and user focused development environment.
- Evaluate and monitor our clients’ experience across multiple touch-points and platforms, as well as reviewing proposed designs and anticipating any usability issues they may cause.
- Collaborate with designers, product owners, developers and analysts to provide teams with research solutions and key insights that will inform product development.
- Support consultations and building relationships with senior stakeholders on a daily basis.
- Draw on a suite of UX research methodologies, deploying them continuously or tactically as appropriate.
- Regularly conduct, moderate and analyse user-testing sessions on clients’ services, rapidly turning observations into actionable design recommendations.
- Plan, coordinate and manage all practical aspects of user-testing sessions (with team support) including writing participant recruitment briefs and managing external suppliers.
- Employ remote user testing, session-tracking, heuristic evaluation, competitor analysis, site intercepts, surveys and IA activities as projects require.
- Develop Informed’s UCD thinking, practice and methods – to maintain our position at the forefront of digital transformation.
- Mentor and coach graduates and early-career colleagues to strengthen our community of practice, building for our future success.
- User research delivery experience in a consultancy, agency or in-house setting.
- A degree, or equivalent experience, in psychology, behavioral sciences, HCI or similar.
- Demonstrable regular experience of moderating one-to-one usability sessions – and (ideally) training in interviewing techniques.
- Knowledge and practical experience of using a variety of UX research methods (qualitative and quantitative), with a strong awareness of their merits and weaknesses.
- Experience of using a variety of commercial UX research tools.
- Knowledge of UCD principles and best practices
- Delivering digital services in accordance with best practice and the latest and most relevant design manuals.
- Able to work under pressure and to short deadlines with a clear sense of priority within a fast-paced and agile environment
- Excellent work planning capabilities and time management skills
- Ability to balance conflicting deadlines and priorities
- A meticulous attention to detail
- Punctuality, reliability, and a clear commitment to your role
Our benefits package compliments our highly competitive salaries and our great working environment. We believe that our people should be properly rewarded for their commitment to the continued success of our business through a comprehensive and flexible range of benefits.
These can include:
- InformedACADEMY© – We offer excellent career development opportunities through our award-winning personal and professional development programmes, including support with professional certifications.
- Industry leading health and wellbeing plan – We partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individuals need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support and physical health support.
- Hybrid working*
- Private Health Care Cover*
- Generous life assurance cover*
- Gym Membership*
- Weekly office lunch
- Onsite massage sessions
- 25 paid working days holiday per year plus bank holidays*
- Sabbatical Leave Scheme*
- Enhanced Maternity Leave and Pay*
- Enhanced Paternity Leave and Pay*
- Company Pension Contribution
- Profit Share Scheme
- Payment of professional subscriptions
- Generous referral scheme with no limits on the number of referrals
*Qualifying period applies
We are proud to nurture a workplace culture that is diverse, inclusive, rewarding, and egalitarian.
We strive to live up to our values of Innovation, Excellence, and Integrity by thinking about things differently, always doing our best, and acting in good faith at all times.
We’re a team of passionate problem solvers. We take pride in helping our clients accelerate and de-risk digital business change so that we can collaborate and codesign world class digital services that solve complex business and safety critical problems, particularly where place, location or geography are important.
Our workplace culture reflects how we go about our work, the type of work that we choose to do, and our commitment and contribution to the sustainable social, environmental, and economic development aims of the communities that we are part of.
We focus both on technical skills and equally importantly, on the cultural fit of prospective new colleagues. Our success relies on fostering an environment where creativity and collaboration produces great outcomes for our people, our clients, and our partners.