Make a difference and advance your career by helping deliver some of the UK’s most important #tech4good projects, making the world a smarter, safer, greener, and healthier place.
You’ll join a talented team of dynamic and driven professional problem solvers; creative thinkers and solutions builders who thrive on helping clients meet the most exciting digital transformation challenges.
At a certified Great Place to Work® you’ll experience a dynamic and nurturing environment that rewards initiative and flexibility and enjoy a career path tailored to your own aspirations.
Founded in 1992, we are a successful, growing International digital transformation consultancy. We deliver multi-Queen’s Award for innovation winning platforms and services that support large-scale digital transformation. Our digital, data and technology solutions are used by globally recognised public and private sector brands operating in a variety of sectors including Civil Defence, Healthcare, Sustainable Environment and Land Asset Management, and Digital Democracy.
Site Reliability Engineer Position
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will:
- Be part of an agile multidisciplinary service team working with and supporting front-end and back-end developers, delivery and product managers, tech writers and architects.
- Build and maintain resilient, highly available and secure systems to meet the needs of our users.
- Take responsibility for solving complex and interesting problems across infrastructure and applications.
- Ensure our systems are appropriately monitored and be able to identify and respond to operational issues quickly and effectively.
- Support the live operation of the services we run and support out-of-hours changes where necessary.
- Monitor for and lead implementation of updating software versions and resolving security vulnerabilities across our services.
- Demonstrable experience of AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Familiar with container orchestration technologies such as ECS; or serverless application design such as AWS Lambda.
- Familiar with at least one programming (Either Java, Ruby or Python) and infrastructure as code (Terraform) language.
- Familiar with both relational databases, such as Postgres, NoSQL databases, Mongo and DocumentDB.
- Good understanding of SRE principles such as capacity planning and technology patching and upgrade planning.
- Experience in proactively monitoring live services, troubleshooting issues and implementing service improvements.
- Highly proficient using GitHub for version control.
- Sound understanding of the benefits of continuous integration and continuous deployment and have experience with CI/CD tools such as Drone, Jenkins, GitHub Actions and CodePipeline.
- Understanding of security principles and how to keep large operational services secure.
Our benefits package compliments our highly competitive salaries and our great working environment. We believe that our people should be properly rewarded for their commitment to the continued success of our business through a comprehensive and flexible range of benefits.
These can include:
- InformedACADEMY© – We offer excellent career development opportunities through our award-winning personal and professional development programmes, including support with professional certifications.
- Industry leading health and wellbeing plan – We partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individuals need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support and physical health support.
- Hybrid working*
- Private Health Care Cover*
- Generous life assurance cover*
- Gym Membership*
- Weekly office lunch
- Onsite massage sessions
- 25 paid working days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Sabbatical Leave Scheme*
- Enhanced Maternity Leave and Pay*
- Enhanced Paternity Leave and Pay*
- Company Pension Contribution
- Profit Share Scheme
- Payment of professional subscriptions
- Generous referral scheme with no limits on the number of referrals
*Qualifying period applies
We are proud to nurture a workplace culture that is diverse, inclusive, rewarding, and egalitarian.
We strive to live up to our values of Innovation, Excellence, and Integrity by thinking about things differently, always doing our best, and acting in good faith at all times.
We’re a team of passionate problem solvers. We take pride in helping our clients accelerate and de-risk digital business change so that we can collaborate and codesign world class digital services that solve complex business and safety critical problems, particularly where place, location or geography are important.
Our workplace culture reflects how we go about our work, the type of work that we choose to do, and our commitment and contribution to the sustainable social, environmental, and economic development aims of the communities that we are part of.
We focus both on technical skills and equally importantly, on the cultural fit of prospective new colleagues. Our success relies on fostering an environment where creativity and collaboration produces great outcomes for our people, our clients, and our partners.