Make a difference and advance your career by helping deliver some of the UK’s most important #tech4good projects, making the world a smarter, safer, greener, and healthier place.
You’ll join a talented team of dynamic and driven professional problem solvers; creative thinkers and solutions builders who thrive on helping clients meet the most exciting digital transformation challenges.
At a certified Great Place to Work® you’ll experience a dynamic and nurturing environment that rewards initiative and flexibility and enjoy a career path tailored to your own aspirations.
Founded in 1992, we are a successful, growing International digital transformation consultancy. We deliver multi-Queen’s Award for innovation winning platforms and services that support large-scale digital transformation. Our digital, data and technology solutions are used by globally recognised public and private sector brands operating in a variety of sectors including Civil Defence, Healthcare, Sustainable Environment and Land Asset Management, and Digital Democracy.
AWS DevOps Engineer Position
As an AWS DevOps Engineer, you will work as part of multi-disciplinary teams involving Delivery Managers, Service Designers, User Researchers, Technical Architects, Developers, Testers and Cloud Engineers. You will play a key role, working end-to-end to ensure that the innovative digital products and services we produce take full advantage of current and emerging AWS capabilities and are designed in-line with our own and AWS’s best practices. You’ll work in a high-performing teams of experienced experts that recognise the value of cloud and DevOps expertise, offering you the opportunity to shape designs, practices, and solutions on industry-leading assignments, building and deepening your technical expertise.
- Design and deliver innovative AWS DevOps engineering on national-scale assignments for prestigious clients
- Lead AWS DevOps architectures and designs, working closely with other architects through Design Authorities, Enterprise Architecture Boards etc.
- Help Delivery Managers plan AWS DevOps work at scale, including selecting and tailoring practices and standards for delivery teams.
- Ensure ‘Well Assured’ standards are applied, acting as a deep subject matter expert and positively influencing the adoption of the latest technical innovations and practices
- Continually develop your practitioner skills through training and accreditation (including domain-relevant accreditations/certifications at advanced level)
- Work collaboratively with other AWS DevOps professionals at client and partner organisations, contributing expert insights and advice
- Get involved in events and industry forums, staying up to date with the latest technology, services, techniques and methods, and bringing the latest innovations into our work
- Play a leading role in our Engineering Community of Practice, driving innovation and best practice adoption as part of an energised community of engineers
- Help upskill and coach other team members
- Passionate about innovating and continually improving methods, practices and technology tools
- Deep experience (and certifications) with the AWS platform and DevOps toolset including Terraform, CloudFormation, CodePipeline/Deploy/Commit, the automated deployment, configuration, testing and monitoring of key AWS services (networking, event, compute, persistence etc.), Well Architected Reviews, security, availability and cost-optimisation best practices).
- Experience of working on large-scale innovation projects as part of collaborative agile delivery teams
- Able to work under pressure and to short deadlines with a clear sense of priority within a fast-paced and agile environment
- Excellent work planning capabilities and time management skills
- Ability to balance conflicting deadlines and priorities
- A meticulous attention to detail
- Punctuality, reliability, and a clear commitment to your role
Our benefits package compliments our highly competitive salaries and our great working environment. We believe that our people should be properly rewarded for their commitment to the continued success of our business through a comprehensive and flexible range of benefits.
These can include:
- InformedACADEMY© – We offer excellent career development opportunities through our award-winning personal and professional development programmes, including support with professional certifications.
- Industry leading health and wellbeing plan – We partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individuals need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support and physical health support.
- Hybrid working*
- Private Health Care Cover*
- Generous life assurance cover*
- Gym Membership*
- Weekly office lunch
- Onsite massage sessions
- 25 paid working days holiday per year plus bank holidays*
- Sabbatical Leave Scheme*
- Enhanced Maternity Leave and Pay*
- Enhanced Paternity Leave and Pay*
- Company Pension Contribution
- Profit Share Scheme
- Payment of professional subscriptions
- Generous referral scheme with no limits on the number of referrals
*Qualifying period applies
We are proud to nurture a workplace culture that is diverse, inclusive, rewarding, and egalitarian.
We strive to live up to our values of Innovation, Excellence, and Integrity by thinking about things differently, always doing our best, and acting in good faith at all times.
We’re a team of passionate problem solvers. We take pride in helping our clients accelerate and de-risk digital business change so that we can collaborate and codesign world class digital services that solve complex business and safety critical problems, particularly where place, location or geography are important.
Our workplace culture reflects how we go about our work, the type of work that we choose to do, and our commitment and contribution to the sustainable social, environmental, and economic development aims of the communities that we are part of.